Tuesday, February 24, 2009

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

To Whom it May Concern,

I have two pets microchipped with the AVID FriendChip and PETtrac products. As a customer and consumer, and one who relocates almost yearly, I am constantly updating the address associated with my pets' microchips. I do this by mailing in copies of the registration/address change form that I recieved upon initially microchipping my pets. Most of the time I recieve no confirmation that my address has been updated, though my $6.00 personal check always clears the bank.

As I am planning yet another move, it is time once again for me to update my pets' residential addresses with PETtrac. An extensive search of the internet has provided me with some interesting information and given me cause to ask AVID/PETtrac a few questions:

It seems that both the UK and Canada branches of PETtrac not only supply downloadable, printable registration/address change forms via PDF, but also offer their customers the added feature of updating such information online. Candada even makes these features available FOR FREE! Not to mention the UK offers PETtrac Plus, which has a one time fee that then allows the consumer to update address information at no charge.

Why is it that consumers in the US aren't privy to such benefits?

I have no more copies of the appropriate forms on hand, and my only option (in addition to updating my physical location with my veterinary office) is to call AVID's 800-number in order to ensure that my pets, should they ever be separated from me, are returned to the appropriate location.

It is frustrating, as a consumer trying to do right by her pets, to be unable to make use of the modern conveniences other countries have in place.

No comments: