They do! Actually, these days their growth is heavily facilitated by the highway department deliberately seeding them, and scattering other wildflowers- the whole "Keep Texas Beautiful" campaign. Some years are more bountiful than others. Last year there was a bumper crop. This year, it's kind of disappointing. People stopping to take pictures is DANGEROUS and ANNOYING! The highways between here and Austin are littered with nutcases who aren't being careful. Some of the ranches flanking the roads open their gates and allow the lookie-loos onto their property, other idiots just climb the fences. I'm serious. Last year I saw people IN the cow pasture, AMONGST THE COWS. I think that's very inconsiderate and it really pisses me off.
In this case, these were planted by the people who used to own the house, and they return every year to fill in the space at the foot of the drive, around the mailbox, etc... The plants are about 4 feet tall, now, which is the tallest I've ever seen.
2 comments:
I heard that these flowers bloom on the side of highways and people stop to take pictures of them every year. How beautiful!
They do! Actually, these days their growth is heavily facilitated by the highway department deliberately seeding them, and scattering other wildflowers- the whole "Keep Texas Beautiful" campaign. Some years are more bountiful than others. Last year there was a bumper crop. This year, it's kind of disappointing. People stopping to take pictures is DANGEROUS and ANNOYING! The highways between here and Austin are littered with nutcases who aren't being careful. Some of the ranches flanking the roads open their gates and allow the lookie-loos onto their property, other idiots just climb the fences. I'm serious. Last year I saw people IN the cow pasture, AMONGST THE COWS. I think that's very inconsiderate and it really pisses me off.
In this case, these were planted by the people who used to own the house, and they return every year to fill in the space at the foot of the drive, around the mailbox, etc... The plants are about 4 feet tall, now, which is the tallest I've ever seen.
Post a Comment