Sunday, May 24, 2015

Nine Years Old


Leo celebrated his ninth birthday yesterday (Saturday, 5/23) with an annual vet visit, followed by sharing some Frosty Paws treats with his sisters.

He did well at the vet, though he did not get to meet the practitioner I like so much. I'd confirmed with her when I was there with my foster on Thursday that she would be working Saturday when I made his appointment. She admitted she had somewhere else she needed to be, but had been unable to find coverage and would most likely be there.

She wasn't.

The vet we saw instead was a nice Indian gentleman, and probably the first male vet Leo has seen- ever- but it went well. I enjoyed meeting the guy, he was very nice, and I was very pleased with his manner, knowledge, and ability. Leo had no issues with him, either, which was great.

Leo weighed 89.4 lbs, was heartworm negative (as usual), we got his prescription for this year's meds, discussed removing the growth on his lower eyelid, opted to keep leaving the fatty tumors on is body alone (the eyelid one takes priority, according to the vet's concerns), saved $20 with our coupon, and that was that.

I'm still bummed Leo and DH didn't get to meet Dr. Lynn... whom I may never see again now that it appears we're moving to Oklahoma sometime in the coming months.

I then came home, ordered Leo's meds and some replacement Bumpy Balls I've had my eye on. We "won" a red one in a blog contest long ago, and it's Airlie's favorite. It's also a favorite of every foster pup that comes through here, and is the only toy Airlie tries to keep from them, take from them, etc... I didn't realize they came in more sizes and colors, and I've been wanting one of each. I also plan to order some for my parents' dogs, whenever I order the other half of Leo's meds... next payday, maybe...

Then I splurged and ordered a throw blanket I've had my eye on for years. They are offering a 50% off code good for this weekend, and Leo needs a new winter blanket- the cats have taken a shine to his in recent months. It's still pricey, even with the discount, but I saved $20 on the vet bills, and another 10% on the meds and balls, and I HAVE been wanting it for a few years, now, and have legitimate need of another blanket, so it all works out. Plus, made in USA and supporting a great company. I've been wanting to buy some of their stuff for a long time, now.

No comments: